Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Prayer Journal Musings



I need to learn not to blog about my entire weekend on Monday. It makes for a really long post and, worse, then I have nothing to blog about the rest of the week. Today, for example – I have no idea what to blog about. Last night was a mostly uneventful evening at Adoration, although I did have an adventure with one of the toilets at church, but who wants to read about that? I did write about it in my prayer journal, but nobody reads that except for me. A few years ago I talked our parish priest into reading my prayer journal, to see if it was “kosher” or whatever the equivalent Catholic word is. He seemed to think it was fine, so I’ve continued to write in it. The funny thing is that I used to doodle in it and write humorous stuff, but now it’s so serious. The change happened around the time I went to Utah with Tiffy; it’s like that trip really messed with me spiritually. I’m not sure if it was being in such a Mormon place or if it was feeling so small next to those rock formations out there, although a lot of it seems to stem from almost being in a head-on collision. We avoided the guy and nothing happened, but it made me think about death and apparently get serious in my prayer journal. It does make me wonder which God likes better: a lighthearted prayer journal or a totally earnest one? If I were God, I’d prefer the funny one, but I can’t presume to speak for His tastes.

Famous Hat

No comments: