Friday, October 3, 2014

Learning Irish


I am doing something a little frightening this weekend: I am taking an intensive course in the Irish language. Not only that, but I won’t know a soul in my class. The one person I kind of know is not going to be there. So imagine being thrown into a room full of strangers and having to speak a language you don’t really know. Hopefully we will all be in the same boat and the rest of them won’t already know enough Irish to get by… We’ll see how much I learn from this – maybe my next post will be in Irish! It’s been so many years since I studied a foreign language, and those were all Romance languages. This is a little intimidating, and I’m missing a band gig to do it, but I’ve always wanted to learn my ancestral tongue. (Although honestly a strong case could be made for English being my ancestral tongue, and I’m mostly fluent in that.) I’ll let you know how it all goes!

Famous Hat

No comments: