Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Squirrel Chaser Ale


Yesterday I did not actually have Culver’s Pumpkin Pecan frozen custard, because I’d already had a couple of the bagels I brought to work, a couple of the chocolate caramel bars Handy Woman made, and a piece of the chocolate cake that the birthday “girl" brought to work. She is retiring next week, and I am taking over her job in addition to my own, which is why I’m singing the Gettin’ Paid Oranges.

Can lip balm go bad? Mine smells really weird underneath the expected peppermint aroma. I hadn’t had to use it in months, but unfortunately Chapped Lip Season is upon us again. Could it have turned against me in the interim?

I don’t have anything to say, but that never stopped me before. The only news in my life is that I entered a contest to name a new nut brown ale brewed by a local brewery. All proceeds from the sale of the ale will go to the Humane Society, so the theme of the name was supposed to be something pet-related. I submitted All Creatures Ale (an idea I stole from that song “All Things Bright and Beautiful”), but the winner was Squirrel Chaser Ale. Reminds me of the dogs from the movie Up, which is a fantastic movie if you haven’t ever seen it. Squirrel! The winner got a $20 gift card to a local pet store. Sweet! Travalon and I will have to try Squirrel Chaser Ale once it comes out, and I will report back to you, my 5.6 faithful readers, about how wonderful it does or does not taste. It’s hard to go wrong with a nut brown ale. Travalon does not like IPAs, but they always have the cleverest names so he is tempted to try them. It’s about time a nut brown ale had a clever name!

Famous Hat

No comments: