Friday, October 24, 2014

The Gettin' Paid Oranges


If the opposite of blue is orange, then it only stands to reason that the opposite of the blues is the oranges. This is my oranges song about a wonderful piece of news I received yesterday.

I’m getting paid now, getting paid more,
Said I’m getting paid now, getting paid more
Than I ever did get paid before.

Getting a raise, yeah, effective real soon,
Said I’m getting a raise, yeah, effective real soon.
In November, I’m singing a new tune.

This is the biggest raise I ever had,
You know this is the biggest raise I ever had,
And I just have to sing about it because I’m so glad.

Got the Getting’ Paid Oranges, just singing all the time.
Said I got the Getting’ Paid Oranges, just singing all the time.
Only problem with oranges is there’s nothing that does rhyme.

Famous Hat