Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Bocce Ball at the East Side Club


Last night Travalon and I went to the East Side Club, since I had read that they have dinner there on Mondays and Tuesdays. “Dinner” turned out to be grilled brats and burgers with a side of chips, but the place was very lively because of the bocce ball games going on. I have played bocce ball before, and in fact once we played it at Anna Banana II’s cottage on Lake Ripley, and Tiffy turned out to be a real prodigy at the game. She swore she had never played it before. It may be too late in the season for me to join the bocce ball league at the East Side Club, but perhaps next year we could look into it. Too bad Tiffy lives so far away – if I had her on my team, we’d win all the tournaments! I have also played bocce ball at night with glow-in-the-dark balls, which was a lot of fun, but there was no indication they did that at the East Side Club. As the sun was setting, the games were winding down, and as darkness fell just a few small groups of people lingered, enjoying the tiki bar and the fabulous view of the brightly lit Monona Terrace across the lake. I tried to take a picture, but it is blurry. You just have to see this beautiful sight for yourselves, my faithful readers. If you go, let me know – I’m always up for a trip to the East Side Club!

Famous Hat

No comments: