Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Mallards Playoff Game


Last night Travalon and I went to a Mallards playoff game. The crowd was about the sixth the size of a regular game, probably because we only found out at the last minute that they would be playing in town. That was wonderful for us, but maybe a little discouraging for the players to have such a sparse crowd. We went to the stand with healthier food, like salmon burgers, but they were closed so our only choice besides the “brats and burgers” stand was the Philly steaks stand, so that’s what we ended up having. We also got two-for-one beer because a runner scored on a wild pitch. I was so involved in the game that I didn’t even notice the mascot, Maynard the Mallard, sneak up behind me. Travalon got this great picture of him giving me a hug. Afterwards we bought some Mallards gear because everything was on sale, and then I had Ramirez (#0) sign our baseball. My favorite is Gonsolen, but he was nowhere to be seen, and Ramirez is pretty great too. Best of all, the Mallards won! They beat the Green Bay Bullfrogs, who had defeated them in a game we saw earlier this year, so it was payback.


Famous Hat

No comments: