Monday, May 9, 2016

Mother's Day at the Lakeside


Did my readers have a good weekend? Mine started out sadly, as noted in my previous post. Saturday was a better day. Luxuli, OK Cap, and I met at Le Petit Croissant, another French bakery in town (besides La Baguette), then we prayed a rosary and took a long, magical walk to admire all the blooming flowers and trees. I love May! I kept seeing people I knew on our walk. Then Travalon and I drove to Rich’s house to join him and Kathbert in burying Cashmere near her true love, Charlie. Of course, Guinness the Juniper Bush has gotten a lot bigger, and Charlie’s grave is covered now, so Cashmere wasn’t right next to him. Afterwards Travalon and I went downtown to the Fountain, which still has good burgers, but they took an hour to prepare them. At least we could sit outside with Rodney. We also had red velvet bites from the Red Elephant across the street, since I had lots of spare calories, and don’t you always have dessert at a funeral dinner? We took a walk on the path by the canal in Tenney Park, then we went home and watched more Muppet Show episodes.

Yesterday after Mass Travalon and I hit the road, driving to Oconomowoc so we could take his mother out for the Mother’s Day brunch at the Lakeside Restaurant. We sat out on the patio overlooking Silver Lake and enjoyed the extensive buffet and the beautiful weather. We drove to Lapham Peak and then took a walk on a lakeshore path behind a big, beautiful Episcopal church in Oconomowoc. I needed to get a lot of steps in, so we went to Governor’s Island for a hike with Rodney, who had been home alone all day, and we explored some side paths that led to smaller peninsulas. We ended the evening by eating another meal outdoors at the Nau-Ti-Gal; I just had broiled fish and vegetables to make up for being so naughty earlier in the day. Outdoor dining weather is finally here!

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Travalon said...

It was really great to eat outside twice in one day. The Lakeside is a very happening place in summer, a lot like the Nau-Ti-Gal.

Travalon said...

It was really great to eat outside twice in one day. The Lakeside is a very happening place in summer, a lot like the Nau-Ti-Gal.