Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Very Bad News (Not for Me Personally)


I got some bad news last night – remember when I blogged about going to my cousin’s wedding on Long Island? Her husband of not even two years had a very bad stroke yesterday. I do not know a lot of details, but it sounds pretty grim. If you want to pray for him, his name is David. He is only 51, and he seemed pretty fit from what I remember. (I’ve only met him the one time.) My poor cousin has had a tough time, being a single mother with an autistic child, and I was so happy for her that things finally seemed to be going right… but now they are going so badly. She may need our prayers as much as he does! I sure couldn’t stand it if Travalon were the one in a hospital bed, hooked up to a bunch of machines, and not knowing if he were going to survive, so I can only imagine what she is going through. Let’s all take this opportunity to be thankful for the special people in our lives, because we never know what tomorrow might bring.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Richard Bonomo said...

This is terrible news. Indeed let us pray for them, and be reminded not to complain about the imperfections in our own circumstances.

Famous Hat said...

My cousin appreciates everyone's prayers. She says her husband is "responsive," but it doesn't sound like he is conscious, or more to the point they have him so heavily sedated that he isn't aware of his surroundings other than responding to pokes. Hopefully he doesn't sustain so much brain damage from this that he is a totally different person!