Monday, January 18, 2021

Monday Funday Antiquing

 

Today I had the day off of work for Martin Luther King Jr. Day, but there was no program up at the Capitol Building this year due to COVID. Travalon and I went to Portage because the coffeehouse had sent me another 10% off coupon after we went there last weekend, so we had lattes and Earl Gray scones with lavender icing. Those are as amazing as they sound, so Travalon asked how often they have them, and the answer is every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Not that it would be easy for us to get there on a weekday, but Travalon says maybe once in a while he could get some before work. Then we went to an antiques shop called the Big Chicken, where I found a couple of tiny religious medals for a whopping $3. Travalon bought a Texaco sign and books about England and King Arthur. Then we went to the antiques mall in Pardeeville, and Travalon found a Wyle E. Coyote mug with a big nose, some baseball figurines, and a book, while I found a rosary, a glass unicorn, and a glass Celtic cross. When I asked the proprietress if there were any more rosaries, she found another very cool one for me. And the prices there are super reasonable! I spent less on two rosaries than I am used to paying for a single one. So that was our big day off of work - antiquing. Tomorrow it's back to the grind for us, but Wednesday Travalon gets to work from home, and I am using a furlough day, so we will get a chance to watch Biden's inauguration. 


Famous Hat


No comments: