Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Yes, I Play With Toys

 

Today I took a furlough day from work, because if anything happened I would be too distracted to work, and if two weeks ago was any indication, the internet would be so overloaded that I wouldn't be able to work anyway. Fortunately, nothing happened other than that Biden was inaugurated. Travalon and I toasted with a shot of Bailey's Irish cream liqueur. My paisano! I was most moved during Harris's swearing in - we finally have a woman vice-president!!! You wouldn't think it would have taken this long... Judging by my friends' social network postings, I wasn't the only one who cried.

Today a very special thing came in the mail. Travalon ordered it for me.


It's the Loch Ness Monster! And it glows in the dark! (Or, at least, its head does.)


Yesterday my quarterly package from the "secret" club I am in arrived, and the instructions were to build a vehicle or piece of furniture for our little penguin (part of our club membership) with the random Lego pieces they had sent. The penguin is named Wonder Marty. Behold: Wonder Marty's new hydroplane!


I hope everyone got to see the inauguration fireworks this evening. They were going on while I was leading Night Prayer, so I had one eye on the TV and the other on the breviary. They sure were beautiful!


Famous Hat


No comments: