Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Seditious and Racist Beyond All Belief

 

This morning there was more rime on the trees.






Travalon had the TV on to get the Georgia Senate race results, and I just left it on after he went to work, to half-listen to the debate about certifying the electoral votes as I worked. Then things got weird, because the MAGA rioters stormed the Capitol building, and after I got back from lunch, I couldn't access my work computer remotely. I was on the phone with the IT people for quite a while, and we determined it was that my internet speed had suddenly crashed. I confirmed with Travalon and my neighbor that there was an outage in the area, and eventually the speed improved enough that I could access my work computer, but it moved like molasses, so I wasn't too productive.

The only thing that shocks me about the rioters is that people would be shocked by them. I do, however, find it disheartening that the police seemed to do so little to stop them. The total double standard exercised by law enforcement in this country was on blatant display today, because you know if they had been black protesters, they would have been teargassed and probably shot long before they got near the building. People on social media posted photos to remind us all of the sheer number and heavy gear of the police in place for Black Lives Matter protests that never threatened to break into the building where elected officials were trying to engage in government business. Yet when armed white guys are climbing the walls and sauntering into the rotunda, they are just like, "Oh hey, whatever." SUPER SUPER RACIST!!!! This country is so racist!!!! That, more than a bunch of right-wing "profa" (since they certainly are pro-fascist) freaks trying to overthrow the government, or even a demented old man egging them on when he's supposed to be the leader of the free world, makes me just hate humanity and the powers that be. That is what this country needs to recover from, more than the sedition on display today. T---p will be out of power soon, and hopefully he slinks out of sight, but it's this blatant racism that will remain.


Famous Hat


No comments: