Saturday, January 23, 2021

Two Eagle Day

 

Today was very cold, so Travalon and I were hopeful as we headed to Sauk that we would actually see an eagle. We did! We saw one on the island and one at the dam.





We saw some buffleheads, but they flew away before Travalon could get a shot of them. I thought this photo he took of mallards swimming toward us is really good.


And here is the bluff across from the VFW Park, with a beautiful reflection on such a sunny day.


We went to the Mixing Bowl for coffee and treats (they have the best shortbread!), and they have all sorts of colors of rosaries there, but not any in the distinct pattern I mentioned earlier this month. Too bad - if they did, I was going to ask them what it meant. Searching on the internet has been fruitless, and I also can't find the music video I remember from the 80's where they were playing fifes and wearing tricorn hats. I totally remember the tune, and the man's voice, but it's like it never happened - I can't find any sign of this song no matter how I search for it. Did I imagine the whole thing? It was not a song I liked, nor was it a big hit, but I distinctly remember it being on MTV decades ago.

I was going to go to Fired Up with the ladies while Travalon watched the Badger basketball game, but we hadn't reserved a spot and they were full. Tomorrow they have room, but I'll be watching the Packers. Jilly Moose and I took a walk, then we watched some of the game with Travalon, but the Badgers were losing to Ohio State so the three of us went for a walk. There's supposed to be a snowstorm tonight, so Jilly Moose hurried home to beat it. I did get some Alaskan char at the seafood place in the same mall as Fired Up, so Travalon is cooking it, and we're about to eat it for dinner.

Update: I suddenly remembered the song was by Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, and then I found it: "American Dream." It does exist!!! Why couldn't Google find it???


Famous Hat



No comments: