Thursday, January 21, 2021

Twenty-First...

 

Tonight at Night Prayer, besides the usuals (Richard Bonomo, the Dairyman's Daughter, another guy, and myself), Hockey Girl and Prairie Man were there. I mentioned that at nine we should pause to reflect on the momentous occasion of the twenty-first hour of the twenty-first day of the twenty-first year of the twenty-first century, and Rich pointed out that we should really note it at 9:21. Travalon poured me a shot of the Nocino (Serbian walnut brandy) that Cecil Markovitch had dropped off for my birthday, and then after the prayers were over, we discussed how we could do it at the twenty-first second, and Prairie Man volunteered to make a twenty-one second toast. Hockey Girl said we should drop a ball to mark the occasion, and I said all I had was the little Loch Ness Monster featured on this blog yesterday, so we agreed that I could drop that. Everyone ran to grab a different beverage of choice to toast with, and then at 9:21:00 Prairie Man began his toast: "Here's to the twenty-first second of the twenty-first minute of the twenty-first hour of the twenty-first day of the twenty-first year of the twenty-first century," but we still had a few seconds left, so Rich counted down, and then I dropped the Loch Ness Monster into my lap as we all took a sip of our beverage. Hockey Girl said it was too bad we hadn't recorded the proceedings for posterity, and I said the Dairyman's Daughter could have, since she was hosting the Zoom meeting tonight. We debated about re-enacting the whole thing a few minutes after the fact, but I'm not sure it would have made a really compelling video. I'll leave it to my readers to decide if describing it for you makes for an entertaining blog post.


Famous Hat


No comments: