Sunday, January 24, 2021

Rosary Mystery Solved and Packers Season Over

 

The Packers' season is over, and if they had just lost cleanly I would say, "Too bad, but it was a good season." But this was a very suspicious game. When Brady was with the Patriots, everyone joked that there were never any penalties called on them, and now that he is with the Buccaneers, the same thing applies. Coincidence?? Or is it possible that Brady's statistically improbable career is as much due to paying off refs as it is to his famously bizarre age-fighting diet? Even Buck and Aikman, who are the biggest jerks ever to call football games and always hate on the Packers, were noting that there were a lot of non-calls of pass interference on the Bucs, and often with huge consequences, like a turnover. So then the Packers were way behind, because the Bucs were playing dirty (or as Buck and Aikman said, "The refs are letting them play"), but they battled back and were one score away from winning. That is the bright side of this game, I guess - the Packers still did so well when things were stacked against them. Then our corner Kevin King committed pass interference, and let me just be clear that I don't think he should have, but you can see why he thought it was allowed in this game. So of course the refs called it, at a time when the Bucs would have lost the ball and the Pack would have gotten one more chance to score. So... how convenient that they never call it on one team, but they call it on the other team at a moment that basically ends the game. Even Buck and Aikman, who are, as I said, HUGE Packers haters, noted the discrepancy. "They've been letting them play the whole game, and now they call pass interference?" I honestly believe someday the truth will come out about this, like it did about Lance Armstrong, who won the Tour de France a statistically improbable number of times. People can be amazingly talented, but if they never seem to have any competition, they are probably gaming the system somehow.

On a happier note, the rosary mystery has been solved! Remember these rosaries?


Apparently they are Right to Life rosaries. I couldn't figure out how to search for their meaning online, so I gave up and posted on MyFace. Bella Maryella knew right away what they were.

I knew there had to be a meaning to this configuration! When I asked Bella Maryella what terms she had searched under, she just gave my question an upvote, so she's keeping her secret closely guarded. Obviously I fail at searching for things online, because I only was able to find the music video for "American Dream" when I suddenly remembered last night that Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young sang the song (this is a memory from thirty-three years ago), and I was only able to solve the rosary mystery by appealing to the Hive Mind. At least both mysteries are now solved!


Famous Hat


No comments: