Sunday, February 14, 2021

Dino Soap!

 

Today was very, very, very cold so I was hopeful that there would be a lot of eagles around the dam in Prairie du Sac. However, the roads were still very icy, so we decided to stick closer to home. We went to West Towne Mall to walk, and there were not one but two of those alpaca wool shops there. Only one had rosaries, and Travalon didn't find anything he wanted, so we went to the antiques mall on Odana Road, where he found Dino soap!


I found three rosaries. They are on the righthand side of this photo. The two I bought at the mall are on the lefthand side. The furthest left one has an interesting configuration, because the starting beads that most rosaries have between the crucifix and the loop are actually in the loop. I have never seen that before, but I have seen rosaries without the starting beads at all.


One fun thing about collecting rosaries is that you never know which ones will randomly light up under blacklight. Here are the little bracelet rosaries I bought at East Towne Mall for $2 each, and you can see that on the lefthand side of this picture, the two blue ones don't light up, but the green and purple one, the yellow one, the orange one, the coral one, and the hot pink one all do.

Sometimes just a few beads light up, like on the wooden rosary from Mexico that Tiffy gave me, the one that looks like it's made of candy, where the two bright pink beads light up. Or the Murano glass rosary I found in Eagle River, where parts of certain beads light up. Sometimes unexpected ones light up, like a green plastic rosary made by the Dairyman's Daughter's aunt. And of course those cheap "boat" rosaries that are $1 each light up, as do all the glow-in-the-dark rosaries. I still need to make rosaries with the beads I got specifically to light up under blacklight. One of these days... Meanwhile, I have sorted the other rosaries by color and am redoing the mandala to be a rainbow. I have red through green in place and need to do blue and purple. Then I need to figure out a place for the black, white, clear, and wooden rosaries in the rainbow.

Irish class was fun tonight because we practiced ordering food and drinks. Then Travalon and I braved the cold to walk over to Mariner's for our Valentine's Day dinner. He had steak and lobster, and I had steak and shrimp, and then we had chocolate mousse for dessert. Yum! Now I am very full and very sleepy, but I have to stay awake because Richard Bonomo is bringing us an easy chair that belonged to Kathbert's late mother, and it would be rather rude of us to be in bed when he arrives after he hauled it two hours south for us.


Famous Hat


No comments: