Saturday, February 20, 2021

Sunny Day in Sauk

 

Today we spent the day in Sauk. First we went to the Mixing Bowl for coffee, and then we went to the VFW Park and the dam to see eagles. No eagles today, but lots of mergansers. I spotted both male and female ones through the binoculars, but all the photos Travalon took seem to be of males.



I lied - you can see a female in this photo. She's the one with the brown head on the right side of the photo, right next to a male.







Then we went to the Valley of Our Lady Monastery. 


I was just going to donate some money and not take a rosary, but there was a whole basket full of rosaries, and I found one that was blue and green together so that it looks teal. My favorite color! I took it without thinking of my Lenten vow to only do what is necessary, and one thing that isn't necessary for me is getting another rosary, so oops. 

Then we went to the Mexican restaurant in town for lunch, and then we went to Wollersheim and sat in their bistro, enjoying their Apple Cream cocktail. It was a really beautiful day, and much warmer than last weekend, so we took some short walks in Sauk, but I still needed some more steps, so when we got home, I took a vigorous walk in the neighborhood. Interesting fact: the Christmas tree across the lake, near Governor Nelson State Park, is still lit up. I thought I saw a raging fire a little closer to us, so I went out on the dock to get a better look but then was at an angle where I couldn't see it, and when I went back to the spot where I had seen it, there was no sign of it. So I guess... no problem?


Famous Hat


No comments: