Thursday, February 25, 2021

Travalon's Harrowing Day

 

This morning as we walked before work, Travalon said he had a horrifying workday ahead of him, because he has been preparing dinner for the kids, and today it was hotdogs. He absolutely hates hotdogs, especially the smell, so he was imagining having to smell all these hotdogs he had to boil. I was going to ask him about his harrowing day when he got home, but I was kind of distracted because I was on a WebEx call with Light Bright, catching up with her. She has two kids now, her little boy and a baby girl. The boy said, "You're talking to Hat? I haven't talked to Hat in so long! Remember when we used to hang out together all the time?" which kills me because he's four, but he makes it sound like we used to hang out together back in college, remember what good times we had? And the baby was crying when Daddy took care of her, so Light Bright had to go get her, and she joined us on the call. Light Bright did have a really sad bit of news: her boss, who used to be my boss too, had a daughter in her early 20's with chronic issues who was always in pain, and a couple of weeks ago she ended her misery. So sad! I wish the doctors could have done something for her. It must be horrible to always be in pain like that. So I found the girl's obituary and was totally selfishly not thinking about Travalon's Harrowing Day, until he told me it wasn't as bad as he expected because they were turkey dogs and didn't stink as much, plus he didn't have to boil them because they cooked them on a grill. What a terrible wife I am, not asking my husband about his trials and tribulations at work! 


Famous Hat


No comments: