Sunday, October 24, 2021

GLEAM

 

Last night after I blogged, Travalon and I went to GLEAM, an art installation at Olbrich Gardens. They had timed entries, and the earliest one we could get was 9:30 pm. We got there a bit early, and they let us in without any questions, and then we were done by 10 so I thought about doing another quick blog post, but instead we watched Popeye cartoons. In one they were supposed to act refined, and at one point they were supposed to "converse," so Popeye started the conversation by saying, "Language is used for conversin' more than any other, don't you think?" Yes, I do, Popeye. Yes, I do. For some reason that sentence made me laugh so hard that I almost couldn't breathe. Anyway, here are some cool photos from GLEAM:



These are reflections on the path:


This is a mirrored box, I think they called it a "tesseract," inside the Thai Pavilion:


These spooky eyes also hooted like an owl.


I should have known there would be some blacklight art there!



This was our favorite: what looked like enchanted trees arising from the pond.






This sphere was cool too.


There were swings under these rainbows. Travalon tried to take a photo of me swinging, but none of them turned out. If you look to the far right, you can see these rainbows reflected in the windows.


Here we are in the tesseract!



A couple of videos: first, the tesseract, so you can see how the lights changed with the music.


This isn't great, but you can hear the hoots that went with the spooky eyes.


Today we went to the Crane Foundation again, and Travalon took lots of great photos, but it has gotten late. I will post them tomorrow.


Famous Hat


No comments: