Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Pumpkins and Coffee (But Not Pumpkin Coffee)

 

Yesterday there was a student activity that involved pumpkin carving, and this morning there were some extra pumpkins that we could take home. Most were huge, and I had to take the bus home so that would be impractical, but there was one cute little one that even had some lovely designs carved into it. I showed it to my boss, thinking someone had forgotten it, but she said she did it. Free hand! She didn't have a stencil or anything. She showed me by carving some more of it, then she gave it to me. Isn't it adorable? Isn't my boss talented?


Monday night I saw a beautiful sunset, but by the time I got home and could take a picture, it was past its prime. Still beautiful, though.


Yesterday I went for a walk with my colleague, and she said that she usually walks a mile in 18 minutes, but when she walked with me, it took her 24 minutes. Then I saw my workout, and it said I had walked a lot faster than usual, so I had to laugh. I slow her down, and she speeds me up! So today I was taking a very leisurely walk at lunch, and I ran into her halfway through. See if you can spot where we meet up.



You can also see where she left me behind because she had to get back for a meeting, and I reverted to my evil ways. I said we should walk together more often, so I can get faster, but I'm not sure she wants to be slowed down...

This afternoon in the break room I ran into a faculty member who was brewing a fresh pot of coffee, and we talked about coffee. I said I never drink the coffee in the break room because I'm a coffee snob who drinks the free trade, shade grown stuff; it's not only better for the environment and society, but it just tastes way better. Also, I have to make coffee for Travalon in the morning, and he needs a deconstructed cake in it: chocolate, hazelnut, caramel, etc. This wouldn't have been noteworthy except that I had the exact same conversation on the bus home this afternoon with my bus buddy. I have no idea why coffee kept coming up today. It wasn't a day that required any more caffeine than usual.


Famous Hat


No comments: