Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Train in Cross Plains

 

Here, at last, is the promised movie of the single engine going backwards along the track in Cross Plains. I didn't have to put it on YouTube; for some reason Blogspot was fine with it once I had cut off about ten seconds of us just yakking about how it would be a refreshing new background compared to all the train videos by my house, and Travalon saying freight trains are monotonous, and me saying I was going to send it to my neighbor because she would love it. Enjoy!


Today Travalon had to take his car to the south side of town, so he hiked on the same Junction Segment of the Ice Age Trail that we went on last October when I had to take my car to the same place. He said the colors weren't as good this year, but he did take some photos.









Travalon hiked for well over a mile, so we are done with the mileage part of the Mammoth Challenge. However, he didn't have time to visit Verona, so we have only visited two Trail Communities (Cross Plains and Slinger), and I think we have to visit three. We did last year. Unless this year they increased it to four... Anyway, that's the easy part because it involves spending money, not hiking. It's a lot easier to drink a cup of coffee than to hike for miles over hilly terrain!


Famous Hat


No comments: