Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Choose Your Own Popeye Cartoon

 

Today was uneventful, and I really had nothing to blog about, but Travalon is watching old Popeye cartoons, which got me to thinking. Last night he was watching them as well, and they were in such random settings: if I walked by, they were in a jungle, and Popeye was beating up wild animals; then the next time I walked by, they were in a circus, and Popeye was beating up the trapeze artist; and the next time I walked by, they were in a blacksmith shop, and I really don't know who Popeye was beating up - the blacksmith? In the past I have done "choose your own blog post"-type posts, so this will be a "Choose Your Own Popeye Cartoon" post.

One morning/Tuesday/Octave of Pentecost Popeye and Olive Oyl were walking/swimming/foxtrotting through the forest/plumbing factory/Gates of Hell when a stag/night watchman/demon started hitting on Olive Oyl/Popeye/the both of them. Popeye began swaggering/swearing/punching everything in sight, but he was losing the fight until Olive Oyl fed him some spinach/ran and hid/beat up the demon herself. Then he quickly stuffed his foe in a barrel/kicked his foe over the horizon/questioned what he was even doing with his life to get in this situation, and Olive Oyl fell into his arms/chased him with a broom/ran off with the postmaster. In the end, Popeye won the day/danced a hornpipe/switched to kale, and they both lived happily ever after/haplessly on a rafter/in downtown Cincinnati.

Remember, whatever you choose, it will not be nearly as surreal as an actual episode of Popeye. I'm not sure what his creators were smoking, but I'd be curious to try some myself!


Famous Hat


No comments: