Wednesday, June 1, 2022

I Hate My Neighbor

 

Today was kind of a fun day at work. I met someone for lunch that I hadn't seen in a while, and then I met someone for ice cream that I hadn't seen in even longer. The ice cream was provided by the university, and the Provost (who is now the interim Chancellor) served us. Just when it seemed like it was going to be a really great day, a neighbor emailed the whole condo association to say that she had permission to get rid of the plants that Rich cared for all winter, because she deems them ugly. Well hell, she is no looker herself! Can we throw her away? Before I just disliked her, but now I hate her. I know my neighbor that I walk with also can't stand her, because they share a patio and have had some major disagreements over it, which all seem to be the fault of the woman I now hate. Like, who paints a shared patio without asking the other party and then has the unmitigated gall to demand the other party pay half the cost? I wasn't saving those plants to save our association money; I was saving them because they are living things and have intrinsic worth. It always disturbs me that people treat tropical plants like decorations that you can just get rid of when the party is over, so in this one little corner of the world I hoped to stop the cycle. I am so angry right now that I can't see the intrinsic worth in my neighbor. She's past her expiration date, so why don't we just throw her out with the garbage, since that's what she is more than those poor plants.


Famous Hat


No comments: