Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Killer Building Tries Again

 

First things first: remember the thing I bought for like a buck yesterday because it might glow under blacklight?


It does glow under blacklight!


Here are some photos of sunsets. First, the sunset as seen from the East Side Club.


Here are some photos Travalon took of sunsets from our dock.





These are some of the pelicans he saw in Sauk on Saturday, while I was hanging out with Tiffy.




Once again Blogspot uploaded this last bunch in the wrong order. Yesterday there was a lot of wind in Madison, and they lost power, and a number of trees blew down. We didn't see it, since we were in Horicon and Columbus. Today I went to see if the tulip trees were still blooming, and one had lost an enormous branch, so I picked this flower off of the downed branch.


This weed peeking over the fence at the antiques mall in Columbus just made me laugh.


This is a llama behind the Roxbury Tavern (which has a new name now). Travalon saw it on Saturday.


Here are photos Travalon took of Devil's Lake on Saturday, in backwards order. Here is the sunset.


This mysterious mist rolling down the hills makes me think of Ireland.





Today I was the only member of the admin staff on campus, but there were some random graduate students around. I went for a walk at lunch, even though the temperature was pushing 100 F, and when I got back to the building, it seemed a bit warm inside too. I figured it was so hot out that even the air conditioning wasn't able to keep up, but my coworkers were trying to get a hold of me to tell me there was an AC outage in the Killer Building, and was I okay? Around two there was a horrible loud noise, and the grad students and I all gathered by the elevators, thinking one had crashed. There didn't seem to be an issue with the elevators, and after that the temperature in our Killer Building did cool down a bit. Only then did I realize my coworkers were trying to get a hold of me, but I looked on the university outage page, and the outage at the Killer Building had been fixed right when we heard the terrible noise. It's always an adventure, working at a building that is trying to kill you.


Famous Hat


No comments: