Monday, June 27, 2022

Monday Evening Boat Ride

 

Mondays aren't so bad when you work from home. I slept a bit later, rolled out of bed, and thought about walking before work but just chilled. Then it was a crazy busy workday, but at home I can concentrate better and get more done. Everyone is submitting reimbursement requests because I suppose they just realized the fiscal year ends on Thursday, and if they don't use up the funds I've been warning them about for a year, they lose them.

Then I went to my garden plot with some trepidation. Last time the guy who has the plot to the left of me was there, and he was all up in my face: "I've never seen you here before! (Well, I've never seen him either, and I've been gardening in my plot for years.) I was wondering whose plot this was! I thought maybe it was abandoned and I could take it over so I could have two adjacent plots." He was a skinny twenty-something white guy who was very hyper and very annoying. Who wants to feel like someone is eyeing up your plot because you don't weed often enough for their taste? Also, if I have too many dandelions in my plot, but I'm eating dandelion greens, then technically aren't they a crop and not a weed?? Not that I set out to grown dandelions, mind you, but I'm making the best of a bad situation. I didn't stay long that evening because that guy really weirded me out. Today the guy who has the plot to the right of me was there, but he was about my age and sounded like he was from Africa, and he was super nice and was telling me how great that black plastic stuff is that he had put down because he never has to weed. Now that is advice I can use!

When Travalon came home, we had dinner (quesadillas made with mushrooms we had gotten at the Farmer's Market, and all sorts of greens from my garden plot), then we took a lovely boat ride out into the lake. It was a calm evening, and the sun was setting so everything looked gilded. Travalon did run into a buoy, but there was no damage to either us or the buoy. He said he couldn't see it around me. I know I'm wider than I should be, but come on. It was such a beautiful evening; we haven't been boating much this month because it has either been raining or over 90 degrees F, so it was wonderful to get out when the weather was just about perfect. Hopefully we will get out more the rest of this summer.


Famous Hat


No comments: