Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Where's My Package?!?

 

I'm starting to feel a little taken advantage of at work - it feels like I'm doing my old boss's job (besides my own!), but not for her level of pay. And then I had a very frustrating interlude because we had paid a lot of money to send a document to another country, to be delivered by 10:30 in the morning on Friday, yet as of today it was stuck in the warehouse. I tried to contact the shipper (I won't say who, but if you pronounce their name, it sounds like "Oops"), but all you get is some online chat with canned answers. Finally they said leave my number, and they would call back. Aha! I was getting somewhere because they actually called back!... and said they weren't the right people to help me, they would transfer me. Finally I got someone who said she could help, but could I hold? Sure, and I was on hold for like twenty minutes until suddenly getting a survey asking about my experience. I gave them really low marks, since my problem hadn't been resolved, and then they asked me to explain my low marks at the beep, so I started to say, "My problem isn't even resolved-" and a recorded voice said, "An error has occurred. Comments are not available. Goodbye," and hung up. It seems to me that if you are paying hundreds of dollars to have a document delivered by a certain date, and they haven't delivered it five days later and appear to be making no moves to do so, at a minimum they should tell you why, and frankly a refund should definitely be on the table. But when I tried to request a refund online, I was told I was not authorized to request a refund... even though I was the one who made the original payment. Huh??? 

Travalon had a much better day at work, swimming and then going to the arcade with the kids. After dinner he suggested we swim at the health club, but I was feeling too lazy to go all the way there and suggested we play tennis instead. We actually had a much better tennis game than just a couple of days ago - did the practice really improve our game that much? This time Travalon was the one hitting the balls out of the court, but I went to go get both of them because the third ball in the can is really dead. You can tell because it's green. They start out life a bright yellow, but the tennis court is blue, so they pick up a blue tint the more we use them, and if they're green, then chances are we have already smacked the bejeebers out of them. We tried playing with the green ball anyway, but it bounced in a really weird way and almost hit me in the head, so I went to get the two yellow balls outside the court. Honestly, most of my exercise from tennis is from chasing balls, but FitBit knows we were doing something sporty because it said we did "sport" for 27 minutes. Which, I'm sad to say, only burned 121 calories. Sigh.


Famous Hat


No comments: