Friday, October 20, 2023

Maple Bluff and Lodi Segment of the Ice Age Trail

 

Today Travalon didn't have to work until 3:00, so I took the day off of work to go leaf-peeping and hiking with him. Warning: this post is going to be lots and lots and lots of photos of fall foliage. We started by driving around the aptly-named Maple Bluff. Travalon said it was like being in Vermont... and then we saw a car with a Vermont license plate. Here are some photos.


























Then we went to the Lodi segment of the Ice Age Trail, and that was just as colorful. We were up on a ridge for most of the hike, so the views were stunning.




































We thought we'd have to hike back on Riddle Road, but there was a lovely connecting trail through a young oak savannah.







You see such interesting things on the trail. Apparently someone drives an antique Mercedes but also loves to hike... or hunt. We saw a lot of hunters today.



Then we stopped for lunch at Lucy's Family Restaurant in Lodi, since it was one of the Trail Businesses, and also we pass it all the time and have been curious about it for years. I had an omelet and pancakes, and I had to bring half the omelet home. Across the street were some more colorful trees!


As we drove home, Travalon's "low tire" light came on, which wouldn't have been that strange except that it happened to him last Saturday. At that time, he was having trouble filling his tire... and then he realized he'd forgotten to take the cap off! He said I should blog about that, but I forgot until now. Today his front tires were low again, which seems way too soon. When this happened to me, I had to get them fixed because they had leaks around the valve. What a pain, but as Travalon said, "No day can be perfect." We did have one that practically was, years ago when we went on the Packers cruise and spent the day hanging out with current and former Packer players on the beach in Cozumel.

On a completely different subject, my FitBit has sometimes not given me that happy buzz when I get my last move hours for the day, which is a letdown. This past week, it stopped buzzing me to warn me when I only had ten minutes left to get my steps for the hour, and then it even stopped buzzing me to let me know I got my 10,000 steps for the day. Yesterday as I rode the bus home, I tried to find in Settings where this issue might be, but I couldn't find anything. Yet somehow that messing around must have fixed something, because while I was walking to my car, it buzzed to let me know I'd gotten my move hours for the day. Today it definitely buzzed to let me know I'd reached 10,000 steps. It's too early to say if it will buzz when I get all my move hours, but I'm hopeful! 


Famous Hat

No comments: