Thursday, October 12, 2023

Panthers and Pickles

 

Yesterday my boss insisted I come into work even though I was trying to quarantine after COVID exposure; he said the CDC guidelines said I'd be fine if I wore a mask. So I went in and hid in my office, had three meetings and attended all of them online so really I could have done that from home. The really freaky thing that happened was when I got an email from my dead Irish teacher. I thought, "WHAT???" but it was from her sister, who had found my contact info under "favorites" so she wrote to tell me my teacher had died of liver cancer. That was very nice of her to reach out, but as my current Irish teacher said, "That's a little creepy - couldn't she have emailed you from her own account?"

Travalon suggested today's blog post title. He had printed out copies of a drawing of the Florida panther for the kids to color today, and he showed them to me, but I'm too lazy to take photos of them and post them tonight. Maybe sometime soon. One was really good... and then he said that one was colored by an adult, a lady cop who came to volunteer with the kids. 

I went into work again and holed up in my office, and I had to miss our annual condo association meeting because they didn't want me there. That meant I could go to the monthly union meeting, but I joined online which is kind of hilarious because they were literally two floors below me in my building. When Travalon came to pick me up afterwards, we went to Jiffy Lube and had their chicken sandwiches for dinner. Travalon didn't want pickles, but I did, and they were like the best pickles ever. I asked the guy if they made them themselves, and he said they make everything there except the noodles for the macaroni and cheese, and weirdly the gravy for the mashed potatoes. (Isn't gravy relatively easy to make...?) Anyway, these pickles are SO GOOD! That's why Jiffy Lube is so great - they only make a few things, but they make them from scratch, mostly donuts and fried chicken. And of course they have coffee too. And their outside seating is wonderful, but sadly that season is probably over.


Famous Hat


No comments: