Thursday, October 5, 2023

Needed: One New Speaker

 

I forgot to mention that yesterday I went around warning everyone about the federal emergency test that was going to happen at what Rich calls 1320, or 1:20 for the rest of us. I was surprised by how many people hadn't heard about it, so I texted Travalon to warn him, but of course he didn't see my text until after the test, which he said kind of freaked him out. I put my phone under a bunch of stuff to muffle the unpleasant wail (we'd already had to suffer through the unpleasant wail of the tornado sirens going off at noon, the way they do every first Wednesday), and I waited. About 1:17 I heard a bunch of other people's phones screeching, but mine wasn't making a peep. I grabbed the first thing on top of it and was about to pull it off to see what was going on when my phone did start screeching, so I left it under the stuff. Online some crazies were saying this was activating some 5G thing to cause a gene deletion in those who have had the COVID vaccination, so that we would all become zombies. I have to say that, if I'm a zombie now, it's just like not being a zombie. I still crave chocolate and popcorn, not brains.

The funniest thing I saw yesterday was a spoof of one of those tests to prove you're not a robot, you know, where you have to choose all photos containing crosswalks, for example. This one said, "Choose all images containing speakers," and it had various photos of stereo speakers that were check marked, and then some photos of Kevin McCarthy that were not check marked. It does kind of blow my mind how the Republicans are blaming the Democrats for McCarthy being bounced as speaker. He had betrayed them a bunch of times, so why would they come to his rescue? It's like the school bully saying, "I know I always hit you on the playground, but how could you not stick up for me when I was in trouble with the teacher?" Huh? How exactly do the Republicans think the world works? You can't be constantly antagonistic to other people and then be surprised that they won't swoop in to save you. Now the House needs a new speaker, and people are talking about The Former Guy because you don't have to be a member of the House to be a speaker. Technically, you don't have to be a human, so I'd love to see a palm tree named Speaker of the House. Its speeches would be more coherent than the ones from TFG saying he beat Obama by a lot and Biden is going to get us into World War II and windmills are killing whales. Maybe we should get one of those whales as Speaker of the House to save it from the windmills.


Famous Hat


No comments: