Monday, October 23, 2023

Valley View Hike with Rich and Kathbert

 

Yesterday Travalon and I went to Mass in the gym again, because the time was good and I love the choir. They even sang a piece we used to do in my church's choir! I asked a member about joining, and she said they have practice on Thursdays, which is not the best day for me, nor is it the worst. I'm not sure if I'm ready to commit to any parish yet, and joining the choir is a big commitment. 

It was a gorgeous day, so we talked Rich and Kathbert into joining us on the Valley View Segment of the Ice Age Trail for a vigorous hike down the bluff, partway up another one, and then back up the first one. The views are stunning. Here are some photos Rich took with his cell phone.




And here are photos Travalon took with his good camera. I just love the views of Blue Mound off to the west.






































The views to the east were not quite as breathtaking, but they were still lovely.




As we drove down from the bluff, we saw some more colorful trees.




Here are some more recent photos. This is inside the Funko Pop store that Travalon went to.


Here are some colorful trees I saw in the neighborhood while walking around today.



Tiffy sent me this photo of a Niko pumpkin!


And here are some more lights. There was a Halloween display at the zoo in her city.


After the hike on the Ice Age Trail, I was too tired to bring the violin with me to the Slow Irish Session, so I brought my old buddy Mandy. All but one of my bandmates came too, and one is REALLY good at playing by ear - Hardingfele and I were so impressed! I'm learning some of the songs, but then they keep playing other ones I don't know. Some of my bandmates (and other people there) use music, but I am determined to learn these songs by ear.

Today the electrician was supposed to come and hook up the new light on our porch, so I worked from home to be able to let him in. However, it rained, so he didn't come, because most of the lights he had to hook up were outdoors. Still, I'm glad I worked from home today, because I'd forgotten about a meeting tomorrow that means I'll have to be on campus during my usual work from home day. Also, it's so good to ease into the work week. I miss being able to work from home on Mondays, like I did all summer, but it's so much easier to get to Adoration on Tuesdays from home than having to walk downtown from campus, like I will do tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't rain then...


Famous Hat

No comments: