Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Keystone Packers

 

How about that football game last night? I guess if the Packers are going to lose, they might as well be entertaining about it. They were like the Keystone Cops, turning the ball over and getting stupid penalties, and yet somehow they almost pulled it out and only lost by two points. Supposedly the Giants have the worst offensive line in the league, and yet the Packers didn't sack their quarterback once. Not once. And apparently the Pack cannot stop the run. Special Teams was a special horror, especially with that fumbled punt return that turned into a touchdown for the Giants. Yikes! People were saying their schedule was so easy for the rest of the season, but boy, they sure are good at making bad teams look good! When they play a tough opponent, they either win or just barely lose. It's the weirdest thing.

Today I read a very sad story about an orca who was caught in the wild when she was young, with her mother crying as they took her away. She lived in captivity for half a century, and after her tank mate killed himself by smashing his head into the walls of the tank, she never saw another orca. She was just about to be freed when she suddenly got sick and died. They said she lived such a long, calm life in a tiny tank because she had a "rich inner life," which who knows how they know that, but I wept when I read that. I thought of my ancestor who was captured from Africa and survived a harrowing journey just to spend the rest of her life in captivity. And what about those who were born slaves and never knew freedom? I feel so bad for all those unjustly imprisoned and salute them for their inner strength to persevere. May they all taste freedom again someday.

When I went to Adoration, the parking lot was packed, and then I remembered that it is the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe. I went upstairs to check out the decorations.


Isn't my church beautiful? I fell in love with her the first moment I saw her. I'm so happy she gets to have a Mass held today, because I don't think anything will happen there for Christmas. I may not have keys to her anymore, and I may have been bad about going to Sunday Mass there recently, but we will always have a special relationship, and today she gave me a present to remind me that we will always love each other.


This very interesting rosary was sitting on a pew in the adoration chapel last week, and of course I coveted it, but I left it alone, thinking the rightful owner would be back for it. But it was still there today, so clearly nobody is coming back for it, and maybe it was meant for me after all. It's perfect for my purposes, because even though I have so many beautiful antique rosaries, 75% of the time I'm praying the Rosary while walking around outside, and this rosary is made for that sort of use. I did pray it today, even though I had brought an antique rosary, and it is fun to use. It looks handmade. I wonder who made it?


Famous Hat

No comments: