Sunday, December 10, 2023

Shamrock Club Christmas Party

 

This morning Travalon and I went to Mass in the gym again, then we went to Mulligan's Irish Pub in Oregon for the Shamrock Club Christmas party. We sat with a couple of older ladies and talked about travel with them quite a bit. After lunch there was a raffle, but I had very little cash so I only had two tickets. There were all sorts of prizes that looked interesting, but with only two tickets, I wasn't expecting my number to come up. Suddenly it did, but the only things left were a T-shirt in a size way too small for me and a coffee table book about Ireland that Travalon had been looking at earlier, so I grabbed the book, and Travalon was very happy. Someone there took a cute photo of the two of us and posted it on social media.

It was so cold out that I walked around the house for an hour, but then I started to feel worse. I went to band practice because we have a gig next weekend, but they all said I looked awful and shouldn't go to work tomorrow, so I left early. Then I went onto Night Prayer but couldn't really talk because I have no voice, and they all said I looked awful and shouldn't go to work tomorrow. I am sensing a theme here, but I will admit that after taking several medications, I feel much better. However, it is very tempting to take tomorrow off of work. It's been a very long time since I took an actual sick day; in fact, it was when I had COVID but didn't know it and couldn't work from home because Boethius I had died. My COVID test was negative yesterday, and Boethius II works well, so I could always work from home. But an actual sick day of doing nothing intellectually challenging sounds so appealing at the moment. I'll see how I feel tomorrow.


Famous Hat


No comments: