Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bird Lips and Popcorn Lungs: Spamtastic!

Today, by popular demand of absolutely nobody, I am presenting more spam. First is some spam I got saying someone was now following me on Twitter. Since a friend and I did Twitter for exactly one day, I figured this was nothing important, but I did check out the mystifying yet poetic profile of the person who was now supposedly following me:

i mean bird lips. it be a long story. just waiting for this printer to print so i can go to b http://blahblah

Really! She means it! Bird lips! But it be a long story so I won't explain it right now.

As always, Hardingfele gets the weirdest spam, like the following (an actual medical condition):

Popcorn Lung can be caused by exposure to Diacetyl

Butter Flavoring Chemical Diacetyl has been linked to serious respiratory injuries!

Injuries from Diacetyl side effects include:
- Popcorn Lung
- Bronciolitis Obliterans
- Restrictive Airway Disease
- Diacetyl Induced Bronchiolitis Obliterans
- Fibrotic Lungs

Symptoms of Diacetyl side effects include: Trouble breathing
- Asthma
- COPD
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Emphysema
- Pneumonia

Find out more facts!

And she was also offered a COMPLIMINTARY Obama bobbble-head doll (now with an extra B for your bobbbling satisfaction):

I have been browsing crai gs list for 5 years and I mostly find it fun to hear what others think about politics. Let me cut to the main point would you re-elect barack? I put in my vote here and received a complimintary bobbble head lol... yadayada.com

My office mate thought it was funny that this was her horoscope, since everyone else here at work is super busy and grumpy:

There is a lot of tension in the air today, dear Scorpio. It is not just your home environment that is affected. Everyone you run into on your round of errands seems grumpy and out of sorts. You will be happiest if you spend much of today indoors, in solitude. Books and videos don't honk their horn at you and curse your driving ability. Who needs the aggravation that days such as today can bring? Buy a trashy novel, or rent a good, long movie, and enjoy a day free from other people's bad moods.

But she thought mine was ironic, considering that I told her I took the bus instead of biking this morning because of my lack of energy:

You feel invincible, dear Capricorn, as though there's nothing that you can't do. Enjoy this high level of energy for certainly it is unusual for you. However, take care not to overdo it. If you haven't jogged for a year, going out and running five miles today will leave you bedridden tomorrow. Similarly, don't set out to accomplish all your household repairs in one day. Remember that slow and steady wins the race and keeps you in shape for the long haul!

Yeah, I'll try to keep all that extra energy in check. Woo hoo.

Famous Hat

No comments: