Thursday, September 3, 2009

Wasp Wars and Banjo Spam

The Wasp Wars over my balcony have officially begun. After being stung without provocation TWICE in the last few weeks, I have decided the yellow jackets have got to go. Tuesday evening I put icky scented candles and a bowl of sugar water with bleach in it out on my porch (mixed messages, I guess: Go Away vs. Come Drink Some Lovely Poison, but whatever works, right?) and then I watched them. They have thus far ignored the water, and the candles seemed to have little to no effect. I felt as if I were living by a tiny wasp O'Hare as they continuously came and went, taking off and landing, as they went in and out of a hole on the back of my balcony. I started squirting them with water, which annoyed them, but they didn't come over and sting me. (Huh... maybe that smelly mango-and-apple-pie-scented smoke really did work!) Someone suggested WD40, but Hardingfele refuses to aid me in this endeavor, which she has termed "insecticide." In my mind, it's self-defense, since I can no longer sit on my balcony, and the wasps are certainly not helping me pay the mortgage! So they are squatters... STINGING squatters!!!

And now for something completely different - banjo spam! Unlike the bagpipe spam Hardingfele received, which really was about bagpipe gear, this has nothing to do with actual banjos as far as I can tell. It also has no amusing grammatical errors, but it fits with the Totally Random theme of this blog, since what have banjos got to do with fishing? If you know, feel free to tell me in the comments section.

AS SEEN ON TV!!
(Too bad I don't own a TV)

Famous Hat

No comments: