Monday, September 14, 2009

Lap Dogs and Bling Pens and Asian Lanterns

The bad news: this morning the yellow jackets were buzzing around on my balcony as if nothing had happened yesterday. The good news: I got a new pen - a BLING pen!

Figure 1: Like a Rhinestone Ballpoint

Also, my office mate sent me my horoscope today. Neither of us really understood what it meant, but it sounds pretty good:

If you play your cards right, dear Capricorn, you just might be able to turn what you're picking up psychically from the higher planes into exalted artistic efforts. The emotions and images flowing into your brain might be somewhat obscure, but they're significant in some way. Whether you write, play music, dance, or paint, you could be blown away by your own work. Whatever your materials, get them out, and memorialize your inspiration. Tomorrow you'll be glad you did!

Looks like I'll be using that bling pen tonight to turn my obscure images from the higher planes into memorialized inspirations, if I play my cards right. Think I'll lead with a Seven of Clubs. What was trump again?

Speaking of people who actually have artistic talents, Palm Tree Fan sent me a close-up shot of the Asian lanterns. (She said she looked it up online, and they are called both Chinese and Japanese lanterns, so we are both right.)

Figure 2: Asian Lanterns

And here is a picture she took of her "puppy" Leo attempting to be a lap dog. It looks like her husband is tickling him! Wonder what his horoscope said today? "Leo: stretch your boundaries. Don't let them tell you that you can't do it! But be prepared for the unexpected."

Figure 3: Laughing Leo
Famous Hat

1 comment:

rockstartailor said...

I think the horoscope is correct, you are being blown away by your own work! So Asian or oriental lanterns?? Lap dog does not work as well as lap cat!