Saturday, September 5, 2009

Stolen: My Boat's Name!

Faithful readers, I apologize for the lack of a post yesterday. It was both Hoodoo Head's birthday AND that of the keyboard player I always want to kill, so I mourned the day by driving to the very top of the state with Tiffy and then taking a moonlight cruise with her, her folks, her brother, and her fishing-obsessed nephew. (I found out Tiffy has another nickname, but she said she would never speak to me again if I reveal it. Anyway, I would have no idea how to spell it.)

This morning we got up early and cruised over to another town for breakfast. It was too windy to wear my Famous Hat on the boat, so I borrowed a hat from Tiffy's mother that looked as if I was channeling Zorro. Then we were walking through the little tourist town and stopped in at the store where Tiffy's second cousin (or first cousin once removed, I'm never clear about that) works, and I bought a sea-foam green rice paddy hat. PERFECT for boating! Tiffy's cousin of whatever degree asked for the address for my blog, so if you are reading this, hi Tish! I said I'd love to have a boat someday and sail around the world, and I would call it the Ethel Mermaid, but Tiffy thought I should call it the Dan Marina, so I said I would ask all three of my faithful readers to vote on the matter. However, as I was to find out later today, it is a moot point because somehow somebody STOLE MY NAME!

I was hoping we could cruise around the Apostle Islands, but they were really shrouded in fog today, so possibly tomorrow we will try to do that. We went out to dinner to celebrate the birthdays of Tiffy and her father, and then afterwards we went to a show called - and I am totally not making this up - Riverpants. And wouldn't you know one of the characters was called Ethel Mermaid! (Besides, for example, "Michael Fatley," the "Lard" of the Dance.) So I will have to come up with some other terrible pun of a name for my hypothetical boat.

Famous Hat

2 comments:

Hardingfele and Plysj said...

Well our canoe is called the Fram, after Fritjof Nansen's boat of the same name, which was overwintered in the Arcic ice in 1896. But I am very curious, who is the keyboard player you want to kill and why - does it have something to do with equal temperament?

Famous Hat said...

No, it has to do with illegal boarders and olive oil!

WV: dediv. Dediv a put on a recital, but Famous Hat did not go.