Monday, September 21, 2009

Ode to the Willy Street Fair

(Sung to the tune of "I Went to the Animal Fair")

I went to the Willy Street Fair,
I met my friend Mama Step there.
The local folk dancers and all sorts of prancers
Were dancing around in a square.
They danced to a klezmer band,
Doing fancy steps hand-in-hand,
Wearing wigs and wings and outrageous things
In colors both bold and bland.
And then someone caught my eye:
The daughter of Denii.
So we wandered around and many things found
She, Mama Step, and I.
We ate lots of organic food
And it tasted really good
And, never fear, there was plenty of beer
In that crazy neighborhood.
A tuba blew bubbles in the air,
Loud bands were playing everywhere,
Alternative news, temporary tattoos,
And all of the trade was fair.
I took a chance and spun
The Pet Shelter Wheel of Fun,
And to my surprise they had just one prize
Of rabbit treats, which I won.
Later who should pass by
But a pink rabbit six feet high!
I said to him, “Sir, I have rabbit treats here,”
But he didn’t bat an eye.
So next year don’t be a square –
Stop by the Willy Street Fair!
Some folks even came just to watch the game:
There’s something for everyone there!


Famous Hat

No comments: