Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sorry, that Bridge is Burned

Both Hardingfele and the fearless leader of our band have received the most unbelievable thing: a friend request on MyFace from Bridge Burner! (She sent me one too, but she never had a fight with me.) Oddly, her MyFace profile seems to imply that she is still a member of our band. Hardingfele is so incensed that she wrote her the following letter:

Dear Bridge Burner
You have now sent Hardingfele and Band Founder several emails and myface friend requests. I think you have confused a friend with an enemy. You do not insult a friend with profanity, not apologize and then quit their band. You do not call someone a friend when they argue with you about your cat and then threaten to call animal control to come and seize the animal from your premises. These people are your enemies, not your friends. They don’t want to be your friends or your bandmates. Is it so hard to process?

Don't ask me why she wrote it half in the third person and half in the first person. Maybe that's how they talk in Hardingfele's native language.

Sadly, it is now so cold that Plant World had to move back inside last night. The rabbits seemed confused, but not displeased, at the reappearance of all those plants. I recently moved their house back into the furthest corner of my living room, and instead of being annoyed by the chance, they seem pleased with it. Either they are getting more easygoing or I am finally making changes they actually approve of.

Sylvia is still living in the little igloo she somehow made out of a towel without benefit of opposable thumbs. The other day something fell on her igloo, and I panicked that she had been flattened, but somehow she must have known it was going to happen, because she was not inside. Any other time I go into the kitchen, she is in there, hissing at me. "How dare you use my kitchen! Oh... you're getting me some food? Never mind. Pretend like I didn't hiss at you."

Famous Hat

No comments: