Monday, October 5, 2009

Bunny Art

Friday night Mama Step and I went to some art galleries on Willy Street for "Gallery Night." The first one had very expensive stuff in muted colors, but I did end up buying some cheap hair pins with black-and-white bunnies on them. The second gallery we went to was much more lively, full of art in vibrant colors, lots of people wandering around sipping complementary wine, and loud 80's music courtesy of a live DJ. To my surprise, I found a cheap ring with a black-and-white bunny on it that matched the hair pins I had just bought! It was obviously meant to be. After a glass of free champagne, I almost bought an adorable $30 stuffed robot, because what could a girl need more, right? But some tiny sober part of my brain was like, no. You DON'T need a $30 stuffed robot, no matter how cuddly it is!

So the rest of the weekend, of course I had to wear my bunny art: to the Farmer's Market, where they had no coffee or blue potatoes, and I forgot to buy cheese; to the hootenanny my band led at a nature center, where we played as tons of kids and adults sang along (I can play anything, as long as it's in the key of G); to Mass, where the priest must have used some new kind of incense, because a bunch of us kept hacking and coughing and sneezing; and to the St. Francis Day dessert Anna Banana II made. Lots of people were there, including my OTHER choir director, which was a bit awkward since I kind of hadn't made it to the Lutheran church that morning. Since St. Francis is the patron saint of animals and is always depicted with a bunch of birds and rabbits, what could be more fitting to wear to a St. Francis Day party than bunny art? We didn't have a blessing of the animals, and I forgot to smuggle Sylvia the Hedgehog into Mass for a stealth blessing, but then she probably would have choked on the incense. And then everyone would have known I smuggled a hedgehog into Mass when she started hacking and sneezing in my purse!

Famous Hat

No comments: