Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Midweek Breakfast


I love our midweek breakfasts at Jerkins. Richard Bonomo and I started going to breakfast there on Wednesdays because Travalon generally picks me up from work, so Rich drops me off at work on his way home from the health club. Since I don’t have a chance to eat breakfast at home (my oh-so-exciting oatmeal and yogurt), we go to Jerkins, which is right on the way and has a Fit Menu, as I have mentioned before. This morning Luxuli and Prairie Man joined us, and it almost felt like a Sunday morning brunch, only much earlier. Luxuli says she gets so much done when her morning starts so early. I don’t notice getting any more done than before I got up at 5:30, but a leisurely breakfast on a weekday is a fun luxury. It almost feels like a day off without having to take a vacation day. Of course I have coffee at Jerkins, and then I have more at work, so I was really wired for all my month-end reconciliation today. Nobody was here when I arrived at work, so I could have had a really leisurely breakfast, and who would have known? That’s OK, I had a lot of stuff to do, and our breakfast was relaxing enough. It’s a wonderful way to follow up a tough workout. (Yes, Hardingfele, today I did the Intermediate setting at Level 12 on the elliptical machine.) The only downside to the whole thing is that my reusable 20% off coupon at Jerkins will expire on Tax Day, so then we’ll have to go back to paying full price. At least we’ve gotten a lot of mileage out of it!

Famous Hat 

No comments: