Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Semantic Confusion


This morning, as usual for a Wednesday, Richard Bonomo and I brought stuff to the gym to shower after our UGGH workout. For whatever reason, I always get changed first and have to wait for Rich. This morning Prairie Man asked me, after I emerged from the women’s locker room, “How was your shower?” I said okay, but he looked surprised, so I added that I hadn’t washed my hair. Then he just looked confused. He said, “How was the food?” so then I was really confused because of course there was no food in the locker room. He said, “Wasn’t it at Macha Tea House?” and then I realized DUH, he was talking about my WEDDING shower, not the shower I had just taken in the locker room. That’s what happens when people try to converse pre-coffee.

Famous Hat

No comments: