Friday, April 11, 2014

Tons of Tulle


Last night Light Bright and I went to a party rental place to see about renting some table linens. They did have them in the sizes we needed, and even in a color that goes with my color scheme. They also have a lot of other random stuff you can rent, so we looked through a theme book to get some ideas. Then we drove to the fabric store and bought 40 yards of tulle to decorate the reception hall. The fabric store actually has a whole section dedicated to weddings, so we bought some white lights there to hang with the tulle, and we found a very cute ring pillow for the ring bearer to carry. (She is the ten-year-old daughter of Travalon’s good friend.) Light Bright keeps reminding me that I wanted to stick to a strict budget for decorating, and she was busy adding up numbers and telling me how we’re doing. The tulle and lights were very reasonable, and we even have hopes of selling the tulle on Craig’s List afterwards. The big question now is whether the florist can meet my budget. She suggested something kind of extravagant (for a very extravagant price) for each table in the reception hall; I countered with asking what she could do for what I would like to spend. So far I haven’t heard from her, so she is either trying to think of something or was so insulted that she isn’t talking to me… or she’s just really busy. I was perfectly happy with what she suggested for the church and bouquets and such. Hopefully she will still do this even if we can’t come to an agreement on the reception hall flowers and I just buy some plants from the grocery store. That should keep me within my budget.

Famous Hat

No comments: