Thursday, April 10, 2014

The UGGH Club


Luxuli has a new name for our early-morning workouts: Unearthly Gym Gyrations & Horrors (UGGH). And what a fitting name it is! This morning my alarm yanked me out of a dream about an old friend who doesn’t really exist but is a combination of a girl I played with in my preschool years and one who was in my sixth grade class, neither of whom I have seen in decades. I was telling Light Bright that she never seemed to age, she looked just the same as when we were four…and then the alarm went off. Thursday being our “lift to failure” day, we tried to lift the heaviest weights we could, but both Richard Bonomo and I noticed we were a little wimpy today. Lack of sleep? That’s what he attributes it to. I am still not seeing any difference in the numbers on the scale, but possibly my clothes are fitting a little more loosely. Then again, that could just be wishful thinking. 

Today Miss Heartsong posted a story on MySpace about a family who gave up sugar for a year, but I haven’t even been able to successfully give it up for Lent, and that might be part of the problem. The writer of the story said that she found sugar in all sorts of products, so there’s another reason to lay off the processed foods. I do not even have that much of a sweet tooth, but Monday my boss had a birthday, so we had to have cake, and of course there were leftovers that couldn’t go to waste… So I keep getting up and going to the UGGH Club. Maybe someday it will seem easier… 

Famous Hat

No comments: