Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Fully Functional Rosary


Three years ago I wrote a blog post about the rosaries Jilly Moose and I made from beads we got at the bead show, and I noted that we prayed with them, so they were fully functional rosaries. Lute Player left a comment about how I wouldn’t know if the rosaries were *fully* functional until my prayers came true, and I said: Just wait until I win the lottery, get my dream job, marry some minor royalty, and move to a tropical island, and then you will know how functional my rosary is! So let’s examine those prayers:

Winning the lottery: When the Mega Millions jackpot was like $40 million, I bought a ticket for $2. And guess what? I won $2! Yes, I won the lottery!

Getting my dream job: I always wanted to work in publishing and have a job I didn’t need to explain. Now I work at a small University press as a bookkeeper, and not only do people know what that is, but the word totally rocks because it has three double letters in a row.

Marrying royalty: I am marrying a prince in less than a month. What country is Travalon prince of, you may ask, and I’d say he’s actually a king – the King of Romance!

Moving to a tropical island: Travalon and I do plan to move somewhere warm at some point. He is thinking Florida, so if we move to one of the Keys, that is totally a tropical island.

Verdict: my rosary appears to be fully functional.

Famous Hat

No comments: