Thursday, April 24, 2014

Random Observations


How can one really be certain a possum is dead? Yesterday I saw one that appeared dead, but then it occurred to me – the thing could have just been “playing possum.” I wasn’t about to touch it, because if it was dead, then ewww, and if it was still alive, what if it bit me? I wasn’t about to hold a mirror in front of its nose to check for breath, either. There were no bugs on it, and it didn’t smell, but ultimately I really cannot answer the question of whether it was alive or dead. Put it in a box and call it Schroedinger’s Possum.

Isn’t it ironic that church choir members sing the word “Alleluia” the most during Lent? That is when we are preparing for Easter, after all. My OTHER choir director said he had some kids protest working on Easter songs during Lent for that very reason, and Richard Bonomo said he heard of a choir director who made his choir members sing “watermelon” or something like that instead of “Alleluia” during Lent. We all wondered if you always practice a song with “watermelon,” would you really remember to sing “Alleluia” instead when you finally perform it? And how awesome would Handel’s “Watermelon Chorus” be? “For he’ll spit seeds forever and ever! Juice of juice! And rind of rinds! Watermelon! Watermelon! Wa-Ter-Me-Lon!"

This morning after UGGH Club, Luxuli and I went to a coffee house for a quick bite of breakfast. I don’t have any random observations about that, but it was a most enjoyable start to the day. Soon Travalon and I will go to our new condo’s inspection, so here’s hoping everything works out well!

Famous Hat

No comments: