Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Chicago Concert


Last night Travalon and I went to see the band Chicago perform at the Overture Center. I was one of the younger people in the audience, which makes sense since I was a young teen when Chicago were already a well-established band, so their fan base would be mostly people who were young adults when I was a toddler. We sat way up in the nosebleed seats, but we still had a fine view of the band members playing and even dancing onstage. Chicago is all about the brass, and the three horn players sometimes would dance like backup singers do in salsa bands. I really love their jazzier numbers, but of course they had to play their sappier numbers too, since those were their biggest hits. By the end of the night, the audience was up on their feet, and for an encore the band played “25 or 6 to 4,” which is one of their most rousing numbers. Several of the members were original and are pushing 70, but they had a younger guy to replace Peter Cetera, who for whatever reason will not get back together with the band. This guy kind of sounded like Cetera, except on one song Travalon thought he didn’t sound that much like him. My favorite part was the long drum solo in “I’m a Man.” Of course we got home late, and this morning I overslept and barely had time to get out the door to work. But it was worth it!

Famous Hat

No comments: