Monday, August 29, 2016

Dancing to Salsa on the Rooftop

I hope my readers had a good weekend. Mine was excellent, starting with Friday night, when the Rosary Ladies all met for dinner at Himal Chuli, then we went to Luxuli’s place and prayed a rosary, and then we went to the rooftop of the Monona Terrace and danced to a salsa band called Grupo Candela. I made a very brief video which I will try to post at some point. It was a beautiful night, and everyone was so happy. I love Dane Dances! They are every Friday in August, but I missed a couple because of Alaska, and last week’s was inside due to inclement weather. They are still fun inside, but they are way better out on the roof, so I skipped it.

Saturday Travalon had to work, so I met Rich, OK Cap, and a couple of other people for coffee. Afterwards OK Cap, another lady, and I prayed the rosary and then talked for so long that by the time I got home, it was almost time for Travalon to get home. Once he did, we went to Mr. Brews for burgers (I got a black bean one with guacamole that was sooo good), then we took Rodney and went for a walk at Tenney Park. Some tiny fish were jumping out of the water, so I made a video of that. I also made a brief video of a light show. Then the three of us went to Orton Park Festival and tried some African peanut stew, which we liked. I made a short video there too, of someone with a light-up hula hoop. At some point I will post all these videos for you to enjoy.

Yesterday after Mass and brunch, Travalon and I drove down to the Hop Garden in Paoli so he could replace his “Warning: High Hoppage” hat because he wears it every day and it is getting ragged. Now he has a shiny new one. We also had some of their shandy, made with kombucha, and sat in the shade, enjoying it. I had a gig at the Middleton Good Neighbor Festival, and Travalon the dutiful husband came along. Jilly Moose, OK Cap, Rich, and Catzookz also came to hear me, although I don’t know how well you could hear our band because we were in a tent that was between two other tents with very loud electric bands, and as my regular readers no doubt know, my band is an acoustic one. We were miked, but who knows how much help that was? Lots of healthy food at the festival; I had a steak sandwich, a cream puff, and some of OK Cap’s kettle corn. Afterwards I had a salad at Culvers just to have a little vegetal matter. Then Travalon and I went home and watched War Horse, a movie about a beautiful bay stallion who is a war horse during World War I, and the boy who trains him. It was really good, but the DVD is a used one, and it seems to have skipped a couple of scenes. Hopefully we didn’t miss too much!

Famous Hat

No comments: