Sunday, November 22, 2020

Edna Taylor Marsh

 

Going to Mass is the activity that most makes me hate humanity. There are always those smug people who refuse to wear masks, and today as I was walking by someone on my way back from communion, she pulled her mask down to cough on me! So what, really, is the point of the mask? It took all my will power not to knock her block off right then and there. 

The day got better, because Travalon and I went for a hike at Edna Taylor Marsh. We didn't even know this place existed right in Monona until someone posted photos of it on social media. Here are some photos we took with our good cameras. (I can tell all this studying Irish is getting to me, because I want to say "our gcameras," which makes no sense in English but makes perfect grammatical sense in Irish.) This first one is a tree that Travalon said looks like it's going to eat you.


This is a mural of sandhill cranes on a school adjacent to the nature reserve.









This bell tower is in a cemetery right across from the entrance to the nature preserve.


Then we went to Olbrich, where the conservatory was decorated for Christmas, with some lights amid the plants.









Here are a couple short videos of Christmas lights in the conservatory.



Then we went home, and I skipped my Irish class to watch the Packer game. The first half, when I would have been doing Irish, it was so worth it, and it looked like the Packers were going to dominate the Colts. But then they kept turning the ball over, and the Colts were up three points, but the Packers got a field goal at the last minute to tie it up and force overtime. They won the coin toss, so everything was looking good... and then they fumbled on their own thirty-yard line, so the Colts had no trouble scoring. At least you can't blame the loss on one part of the team, because the defense stunk, and the offense disappeared in the second half, and Special Teams screwed up too. It truly was a team effort.


Famous Hat


No comments: