Sunday, November 29, 2020

Webster Bluff

 

Today Travalon and I stopped at a little antiques shop on the way home from Mass, and they didn't have any rosaries, but I bought a cute little glass mushroom. (I will post photos of this stuff tomorrow.) Then we drove to Sauk, thinking that it was a beautiful day and we would go for a long walk somewhere in the area. We went to the antiques shop first, and I bought a little crucifix from Bethlehem. Then we stopped by the Valley of Our Lady Monastery and left a donation for a rosary. We thought about hiking on the Ice Age Trail section in Merrimac, but we saw some hunters in a field and remembered it was still deer season, so that might not even be open. Instead we went to Parfry's Glen, but it was closed, so we went to Devil's Lake. By then it was cold and windy, and I had not brought warm enough clothing, so we took the ferry back over to the south side of Lake Wisconsin and headed home. We passed a road that I saw went up a bluff, so I suggested we explore it, and we came upon Webster Bluff Park. This park has a path that goes right up the bluff, and it wasn't our imagination that we were going almost straight up, because my phone said we did the equivalent of eleven flights of stairs! But from the top there was an amazing view. Fortunately Travalon had brought his camera.






We got back just in time for my Irish class, and Travalon took off to visit another antiques shop in town that had not been open yet this morning. After the class I walked with my neighbor, and she somehow talked me into going to the Nau-Ti-Gal for onion rings. Travalon joined us and had a drink, and he told me the antiques shop he had just come back from didn't have much to interest him. They did have rosaries, but they were up for auction today. So I figured out how to get on the auction site and bid on the two rosaries, and now I see that I won them. So that's exciting. I also did join the Mount Fuji Challenge my aunt had mentioned, thinking it would be no problem getting 46 miles in two and a half months, but between the weather today and the fact that I am having foot problems (I think bunions), this may be a more difficult challenge than I had anticipated!


Famous Hat


No comments: