Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Horicon Marsh and Holy Hill

 

I didn't  stay up watching election results, but I couldn't sleep anyway and got just a little more than two hours of sleep last night. My boss was really nice about letting me take the day off, so Travalon and I went to Horicon Marsh, because what better way to get your mind off politics than to watch birds? We saw a gorgeous bird of prey, maybe an osprey, but Travalon couldn't get a good photo of it. He did take some other photos.




Besides Canada geese, we also saw a few swans, and lots of mallards and lesser scaups. It was hard to get good photos of the ducks because they kept sticking their heads into the water.


We also saw a lot of muskrat lodges. They build them to hibernate in.




We saw this beautiful Catholic church, St. Andrews, in the small town of LeRoy.


Then we went to Holy Hill. Here are the twin towers.


We went up to the sanctuary, which is very beautiful.





From the walkway to the sanctuary, we could see downtown Milwaukee in the distance.


On the second floor they have a statue of St. Michael.


Also this cross, which was the first thing erected on Holy Hill.


We also took a hike on the Monches section of the Ice Age Trail.




As we were coming home, we saw a stunning sunset. It was basically over by the time Travalon got down to our dock to take photos, but he still took some lovely ones.




I even begged out of hosting Night Prayer tonight because my brain is so fried. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to concentrate enough to get work done!


Famous Hat


No comments: