Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Basque Class or Basketball?

 

Travalon said I should blog about this, so here goes: as my readers probably recall, last week we didn't have Basque class due to "unforeseen circumstances," and I joked that the teacher probably didn't know his team was going to be playing that night. Then on Sunday Travalon told me there were actually March Madness games on Monday this week too, so I joked that our teacher would cancel Basque class again. Sure enough... he said he had been exposed to COVID (like we could get it via Zoom), and that just that afternoon he was developing symptoms. So I replied, "Yeah, I didn't know there were going to be March Madness games tonight either. I hope you feel well soon." Then after a few minutes I thought better of basically calling him a liar, so I sent a second email saying please don't kick me out of the class for being a smartass, and I would have done the same thing myself if the Packers were playing the Bears on a Monday night. So now he probably thinks I'm totally nuts, but whatever. If he's really deathly ill, then I will feel very bad for suspecting that he was just watching college basketball. Of course, if he cancels class next Monday, how will I know whether he is super sick with COVID or he is just watching the championship game? Rich says a college kid wouldn't get deathly ill with COVID, so there's that.

Here are some photos from today. First, there are crocuses blooming in our neighborhood.




Today Travalon picked up dinner from Liliana's, and he had some extra time, so he took a walk by a pond at McKee Farms Park, and he saw this muskrat.


Here he is watching basketball with the panda family!


This evening at Adoration I got very annoyed because a guy started praying really loudly in Spanish, so I couldn't finish my rosary. I went and sat in the library to finish it, and then I could hear that the jerk had shut up, so I returned to the adoration chapel. Anyway, there's a subreddit called "Am I the Asshole?" and I wondered if I was for ditching the chapel during my adoration hour, because then maybe other people were stuck there, since you aren't supposed to leave the Sacrament alone. Or was the guy the asshole? Seriously, there are signs in both languages saying it's a SILENT chapel. Of course, there are also Anglo types who refuse to wear a mask in there, so they are DEFINITELY the asshole.


Famous Hat


No comments: